Xing and Fraunhofer VBRI

Tom Kleinpeter tomkleinpeter at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 19:46:05 CET 2010

Can you search the file for the string VBRI?
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/audio-video/mpegaudioinfo.aspx has details
about VBRI headers, and they start with that string.

I also have a few files from users that get 0 length & 0 bitrate, but valid
values for sampleRate and channels.  The only interesting thing I've noticed
in my case is the protectionEnabled bit is set to true, but perhaps that
happens for all files.  I'd also be happy to send a test file somewhere if
someone would like to take a look at it.

Thanks,
Tom

On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 10:51 AM, James O. <houndeyex at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I posted a bit earlier about TagLib and TagLibSharp. The rest of the
> details are in the Stack Overflow question mentioned earlier.
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4301259/differences-in-length-in-taglib-c-and-taglib-c
>
> One answerer pointed out that a primary difference in TagLibSharp is that
> it supports Fraunhofer VBRI headers. I'm not sure if this is actually my
> issue, but I was curious if there is any intention to support this header
> type or if there is some kind of legal/patent issue preventing it.
>
> Thanks,
> James

Tom Kleinpeter
tomkleinpeter at gmail.com