behaviour of bytevector

Lukáš Lalinský lalinsky at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 23:59:43 CEST 2010

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 11:46 PM, Matthieu Riolo
<matthieu.riolo at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I haven't seen in the documentary that I could pass the bytevector directly.
> The addField function in XiphComment takes a string. But it sounds like I
> could?

Using addField(byteVector) has the same effect as
addField(String(byteVector)). It will not help you. Vorbis Comments
can't store binary data, only UTF-8 strings.

If you read the specification for the "METADATA_BLOCK_PICTURE" Vorbis
Comment [1], you are supposed to base64-encode the data.

Lukas

[1] http://wiki.xiph.org/VorbisComment#METADATA_BLOCK_PICTURE