TagLib 1.6.1: MP4::Tag#setTrack not working correctly with iTunes on Mac OS X?

Harald Schubert schubert.harald at gmx.net
Wed Apr 7 19:33:12 CEST 2010

Hello everyone,

I am trying to set the track number for an MP4 file under MacOS X 10.6. I've built taglib as a Mac framework and everything is working fine (reading & writing MP3 tags, reading MP4 tags, writing MP4 string tags etc.) except for writing the track number. I've tried many things, including the following:

tag->setTrack(12);

or

tag->itemListMap()[TagLib::String("trkn", TagLib::String::UTF8)] = TagLib::MP4::Item(TagLib::uint(12), TagLib::uint(13));

The tags are being written and I can parse them with command line tools like AtomicParsley, but iTunes doesn't recognize them correctly.

Can anyone tell what I am doing wrong? Is there a workaround?

Thanks to everyone for your support!

Best regards,
Harald