lalinsky at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 17:14:17 CEST 2009
TagLib 1.6 is released. This release includes support for four new
file formats - ASF, MP4, AIFF, WAV, new ID4v2.4 frames - POPM and
PRIV, and a number of bug fixes.
I'm not sure if Scott has time to update his page, so I've created a
_temporary_ page for TagLib 1.6 where you can find
download/documentation links and change log --
As I said in the 1.6 RC announce email, this is the last release in
1.x series. The next release will be 2.0, which will include
incompatible changes. I'll send a separate mail regarding 2.0
Changes since version 1.5
* New CMake option to build a static version - ENABLE_STATIC.
* Added support for disabling dllimport/dllexport on Windows using the
* Support for parsing the obsolete 'gnre' MP4 atom.
* New cpp macros TAGLIB_WITH_MP4 and TAGLIB_WITH_ASF to determin if
TagLib was built with MP4/ASF support.
* Split Ogg packets larger than 64k into multiple pages. (BUG:171957)
* TagLib can now use FLAC padding block. (BUG:107659)
* ID3v2.2 frames are now not incorrectly saved. (BUG:176373)
* Support for ID3v2.2 PIC frames. (BUG:167786)
* Fixed a bug in ByteVectorList::split().
* XiphComment::year() now falls back to YEAR if DATE doesn't exist
and XiphComment::year() falls back to TRACKNUM if TRACKNUMBER doesn't
* Improved ID3v2.3 genre parsing. (BUG:188578)
* Better checking of corrupted ID3v2 APIC data. (BUG:168382)
* Bitrate calculating using the Xing header now uses floating point
* New TagLib::String method rfind().
* Added support for MP4 file format with iTunes-style metadata [optional].
* Added support for ASF (WMA) file format [optional].
* Fixed crash when saving a Locator APEv2 tag. (BUG:169810)
* Fixed a possible crash in the non-const version of String::operator
and in String::operator+=. (BUG:169389)
* Added support for PRIV ID3v2 frames.
* Empty ID3v2 genres are no longer treated as numeric ID3v1 genres.
* Added support for the POPM (rating/playcount) ID3v2 frame.
* Generic RIFF file format support:
* Support for AIFF files with ID3v2 tags.
* Support for WAV files with ID3v2 tags.
* Fixed crash on handling unsupported ID3v2 frames, e.g. on encrypted
* Fixed overflow while calculating bitrate of FLAC files with a very
lalinsky at gmail.com
More information about the taglib-devel