TagLib 1.6 RC1 - Windows Static LIB

Tony Pombo mcp at technologist.com
Tue Sep 8 05:57:44 CEST 2009

I currently have several projects on Windows that use TagLib 1.5 as a static library.  I like the convenience of distributing a single executable file.

However, I understand that TagLib 1.6 doesn't support compiling to a static LIB file on Windows.  I am disappointed to hear this.

Having to distribute, install, and support another (unnecessary DLL) file should not be required.  I would like to suggest that support for compiling to a static LIB be added to 1.6.

This feature was available in v1.5, and I see no reason to remove it from v1.6

Thank you.