M4A genre parsing in TagLib 1.6

Lukáš Lalinský lalinsky at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 18:46:06 CET 2009

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 6:13 PM, patrick machielse <patrick at hieper.nl> wrote:
> What is the current status of m4a support beyond the abstract Tag
> interface -- if any?. I have been looking at Items returned by
> MP4::Tag::itemListMap(), and I found useful nuggets of information
> like 'cpil' and 'tmpo', but for my application I really need access to
> the album art atom 'covr'. So far it seems TagLib cannot find that
> atom, and it seems that MP4::Item has no support for binary data --
> which figures.
>
> Should I file bug reports / feature requests for these issues?

No need to, this is already fixed in SVN. I was planning to do a new
release last weekend and the one before, I'm not going to make more
false promises. :) But it will be released soon. Although, if you
could check out the code from SVN and let me know if it works well for
you before the release, it would be great.

--
Lukas Lalinsky
lalinsky at gmail.com