Debian patches for taglib 1.6

Modestas Vainius modestas at vainius.eu
Sat Oct 24 14:49:50 CEST 2009

Hello,

On šeštadienis 24 Spalis 2009 14:17:12 Lukáš Lalinský wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 6:34 PM, Modestas Vainius <modestas at vainius.eu>
wrote:
> > please have a look at Debian patches from taglib 1.6 [1]. Each patch is
> > documented in its header. You should find all of them interesting, while
> > general/add_missing_exports_fix.diff is probably rather serious on
> > Windows since visibility=hidden is default on this platform (AFAIK).
>
> Hi, thank you for the patches. I committed all of them except for
> LINK_INTERFACE_LIBRARIES one. I'm not sure I understand it. The docs
> mention the property only in the context of target_link_libraries().
> What effect does it have in set_target_properties()?

It is the same. LINK_INTERFACE_LIBRARIES target properly used to be the only
way to achieve the goal in early 2.6 (2.6.0 for sure). I guess in later 2.6.x
versions, a similar functionality was added to target_link_libraries() because
it looks more logical place for it. Hence
target_link_libraries(LINK_INTERFACE_LIBRARIES) mode doc has:

| The LINK_INTERFACE_LIBRARIES mode appends the libraries to the
| LINK_INTERFACE_LIBRARIES and its per-configuration equivalent target
| properties instead of using them for linking.

Mind phase "target properties" here. I'm concerned about "appends" though. But
I guess (I have not tested) my patch is equivalent of command:

target_link_libraries(tag LINK_INTERFACE_LIBARIES "")

So use whatever version you prefer.

--
Modestas Vainius <modestas at vainius.eu>