Getting all tags

Jeff Mitchell mitchell at kde.org
Tue Oct 13 18:38:44 CEST 2009

j wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I've noticed that the API seems to be limited to the 7 most popular
> tags. I have a need to access all tags within a file (or at least check
> for their existence) and was wondering the best way to go about it or if
> that would be implemented in the near future.

I think you might have missed the subclasses of TagLib::Tag.

TagLib::Tag contains only those tags that are supported across formats
(or almost all formats).

For specific tags, you need to use the subclasses, which should allow
you to get access to *any* tag supported by that format. Generally you
would get at it by dynamically casting (and checking the result!).

--Jeff