Observations from new user

Scott Wheeler wheeler at kde.org
Sat Oct 10 08:29:38 CEST 2009

On Oct 10, 2009, at 8:12 AM, Lukáš Lalinský wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 3:20 AM, Chris Meyer
> <cmeyer1969+kde at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> svn co svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/kdesupport/taglib
>>
>> would work just as well, right?
>
> Yes, I thought that was the preferred way. Scott, could you please
> update the page?

Done.  It used to be that TagLib required some of the things that were
higher up in the directory tree.

> As far as I understand, the project file was only introduced in
> order to build a Mac
> framework.

That's correct.

> Btw, no, it should not include from ../includes. The "includes"
> directory is a kde-specific hack which I'd like to remove.

Incidentally, I agree.  I wasn't thrilled about those being added.
Perhaps they could just be removed when building the tarballs; the
idea there basically is that they were added so that Amarok / TagLib-
extras can include things directly from the svn tree without requiring
TagLib to have first been installed.