Started 2.0 branch

Scott Wheeler wheeler at kde.org
Tue Jun 16 07:25:46 CEST 2009

On Jun 11, 2009, at 11:30 AM, Jeff Mitchell wrote:

> But there's a better solution.  KDE is transitioning to Git, using a
> copy of Gitorious (which *is* open-source).  The first KDE application
> will be testing the waters with a transition quite soon now.  If Scott
> is amenable, I would suggest putting in a request to get TagLib in as
> one of the early transitioners.

I'm fine with being one of the early folks switching to Git since it's
what I use most of the time anyway.

Sorry I can't comment much on the rest of the stuff mentioned here yet
-- I'd love to have more time to bang on TagLib at the moment, but
time remains super tight for me at the moment.

Peter was planning on trying to fold some of his bug fixes back into
TagLib proper (from the SongBird change set) and has already done a
lot of work that could go towards a 2.0 branch.  I'd say bringing in
the changes from there and normalizing them to something without
SongBird-ish assumptions would be a sensible first priority for such a
branch.  Git would generally facilitate that.