Support "album artist" and "artist sort" in TagLib::Tag interface?

Ralf Engels ralf-engels at gmx.de
Sat Jan 10 01:37:49 CET 2009

Hi Jason,
I also thought about that and it would be the way I had implemented it
in the first place.

On the other hand the methods also have benefits.

1. faster.
After all you just need a lookup in the method table and then call the
pointer

2. easy
everybody understands class methods

3. different result types are easy to handle
After all some meta information consists of number (e.g. track number),
binaries (cover image) or even something else.
You will need an overload orgy of getField methods.

My proposal:
for now let's stay with the methods but at least implement some dummy
functions in TagLib::Tag.

BR;
Ralf