Odd results from taglib_tag_comment

Lukáš Lalinský lalinsky at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 08:05:15 CET 2009

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 11:09 PM, Andrew Krage <null.public at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to get the comment from MP3s using taglib_tag_comment "tag_c.h".
> Everything works fine if there is a comment in the MP3 but if the comment
> field is empty I get the results from the OUTPUT section below.

iTunes stores it's per-file volume properties in a comment frame, so
if there is no
other comment frame, TagLib will return you the iTunes one. I don't
think there is a
way to solve the issue with the C API. In the C++ API you could check
the comment
description and ignore comments with description "iTunNORM".

--
Lukas Lalinsky
lalinsky at gmail.com