Taglib can't read some files with unsual character

Renaud renaud.guezennec at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 01:09:32 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I'm trying to use taglib but I've got a problem:

I got recently a lot of audio files from a windows user.  when I try to
read tag informations from some of these files, my application displays
something like that:
TagLib: Could not open
file /media/disk-1/musique/SaraMusic/montage/Nouchine/KA2-la m re des
enfants perdus.ogg
TagLib: Ogg::File::packet() -- Could not find the requested packet.
TagLib: Vorbis::File::read() - Could not find the Vorbis comment header.

I suspect it's caused by unusual characters encoded with a windows
charset.
I can play these files in my application (I'm using phonon). The
validity test fails for these files. Do you know a way to get around
this issues ? (another that rewrite in utf-8 all filenames)

Regards
Renaud