[Fwd: Re: [Fwd: Re: Taglib for Borland compilers]]

Lukáš Lalinský lalinsky at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 08:13:52 CEST 2008

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 11:37 PM, Viliam Bedeč <viliam.bedec at madeinsk.sk> wrote:
> Hi Lukas,
>
> I tried to compile library using cmake and Borland Turbo Explorer.
> I downloaded taglib-1.5.tar.gz from your web.
> For cmake I used version 2.4.8.
> When I tried to setup compilation via cmake. When I started cmake and import
> taglib directory, output directory and push Generate button I can see this:
>
> As CPPUNIT_INCLUDE_DIR I put ".". The same for CPPUNIT_LIBRARIES. As I
> didn't find any explanation what does it mean. Because I saw paths
> "c:\program files\taglib everywhere I created same directory and put there
> extracted file taglib-1.5.tar.gz.

Note that you don't need to set that, unless you want to run the test
suite. Which is probably a good idea on an untested compiler, though.

> C:\Program Files\taglib\taglib\mpeg\id3v2\id3v2tag.cpp:
> Fatal F1004 C:\PROGRA~1\taglib\taglib\toolkit\tlist.tcc 73: Internal
> compiler error at 0x402120 with base 0x400000 in function
> FrameList::detach<Frame>::~detach()
> Fatal F1004 C:\PROGRA~1\taglib\taglib\toolkit\tlist.tcc 73: Internal
> compiler error  in function FrameList::detach<Frame>::~detach()

Well, my guess is that TagLib uses some features which Borland C++
doesn't support. This is impossible to fix for me, because I don't
have access to any Borland C++ compiler.

Lukas