Generic API useless with Unicode for ID3v2?

Scott Wheeler wheeler at kde.org
Thu Oct 18 06:48:24 CEST 2007

Andreas Klöckner wrote:
> If we enter the case (*), no encoding is set. Am I mis-reading this?

I oversimplified in my explanation.  The encoding is set right after the
frame parsed (in ID3v2FrameFactory).  If a default encoding has been set
it is applied to each text frame directly after it is instantiated.
This naturally has no effect on the tags in the files until the tag is
saved again.

In this specific example it is not set again because it was already set
(if applicable) by the FrameFactory.