Generic API useless with Unicode for ID3v2?

Brian Kerrick Nickel brian.nickel at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 20:07:10 CEST 2007

I would recommend setting the encoding to UTF-16. Most readers support
reading and writing UTF-16 strings as they were part of the 2.2 and 2.3
standards, including Microsoft and Apple applications. It should have no
effect on the readability of the tags, and only a marginal effect on the
file size.

- Brian