Fwd: WMA Crashes collection scanner on Fedora 8

Scott Wheeler wheeler at kde.org
Fri Nov 30 06:30:09 CET 2007

Jeff Mitchell wrote:
> On Thursday 29 November 2007, Scott Wheeler wrote:
>
> I would imagine that this is an "upstream" thing, i.e. the extra plugins could
> be TagLibExt namespace.
>
> I'll take Lukáš' lead on this one, as he's "upstream".  Unless I'm missing
> something?

There's no specific problem right now, this is just a general thing.
Just like if you wanted to create a new thread class, I'd advise against
naming it KThread and putting it in the global namespace since there's a
fair chance that such might conflict someday with a KDE class.  If, for
instance, you guys have an extension in your source called TagLib::Foo,
and eventually Foo becomes supported in TagLib, it will conflict with
your version.  Whereas if you guys put your extension in the
Amarok::TagLib::Foo, then it would actually work.