Windows (Win32) Port/Maintenance

Lukáš Lalinský lalinsky at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 07:35:02 CET 2007

On Pi, 2007-03-16 at 01:09 -0500, Dan Leach wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been looking through the list a bit trying to find a good
> starting point to use/create a windows port, but I'm troubled by a few
> things.  First of all, I'm not quite sure where to begin.  Most of the
> links to windows ports are broken and also probably outdated.  Also,
> for those that are diffs of what's on SVN, I'm not sure if they would
> apply since that's been updated since the ports were made.  I'd be
> happy to help out with this in any way I can, but I'm afraid my C++
> skills are probably not up to the task of actually fixing bugs.
> Unless it's just applying patches and the like, then I'd be happy to
> do that :).
>
> I'd love to help out with this, and I'd love to see a windows port
> actively maintained, or at least agreed upon by the others working on
> them.  Oh, and I'm referring to a native windows port, not a C#
> port ;-).

I don't think there are people still working on them. "Windows port"
means some changes to TagLib::File and a bunch of DLL exports. Once this
is done, there is no need to work on the port. If you use some VCS, the
maintenance (merging with SVN) can be done by simple cron job.

Anyway, here are links to the three publicly available ports:

 1. http://metz.gehn.net/downloads/
 2. https://launchpad.net/~luks/+branch/taglib/win32
    (now part of https://launchpad.net/~luks/+branch/taglib/taglib.ext)
 3. http://www.titus-dev.com/index.php?mod=Code%
20Library&parent=1&action=view_proj&id=18