bug encoding multibyte?

Lukáš Lalinský lalinsky at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 10:02:42 CET 2007

On Ut, 2007-02-06 at 18:08 +0100, Xavier Duret wrote:
> > You are looking at it from the wrong side. Here are two code samples for
> > both options how to create a new TagLib_File. Using taglib_file_new:
> Okay I think I get it.
> So "tag_c.cpp" should look like that:
>
> FileRef FileRefFactory;
>
> TagLib_File *taglib_file_new(const char *filename)
> {
>   return reinterpret_cast<TagLib_File *>(FileRefFactory.create(filename));
> }

No, taglib_file_new stays as is.

> And "tagext_c.cpp" should look like that:
>
> void taglibext_init()
> {
>   FileRefFactory.addFileTypeResolver(AsfResolver);
>   FileRefFactory.addFileTypeResolver(Mp4Resolver);
> }

ASF::FileTypeResolver asfFileTypeResolver;

void taglibext_init()
{
  FileRef::addFileTypeResolver(asfFileTypeResolver);
}

> I still have a couple of very minor remarks:
> - What about using "taglibasf" and "taglibm4a" instead of "taglibext"?
> Taglibext is not very explicit...
> - Do you plan to host the library tarballs on launchpad?

At the moment I don't plan anything. Before I can start thinking about
releasing a library, I need TagLib to have fixed bugs in classes like
TagLib::File or TagLib::String and to be compilable on Windows.