bug encoding multibyte?

Xavier Duret xaviour.maillists at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 18:16:52 CET 2007

> When you will have time, can you take a look at this branch -
> https://launchpad.net/~luks/+branch/taglib/taglib.ext?
Hum. It is a Bazaar repository, I do not have it installed and I see
no "websvn" equivalent. Can you recommend me a good client? I am
mostly interested in seeing comments and diff.

> I've put together
> some patches from bugs.kde.org, my Win32 changes, the old plugins from
> libtunepimp and a new MP4 plugin,
I see there are some ID3v2 patches in there. I would like to run a
regression test against them.

> and I'm trying to create a test suite for it.
If you have a sizable library of MP4 and WMA files then you might
consider doing differential analysis between taglib and another
implementation like Firefly. I can provide you with the framework I
use for MP3 if you wish.

> Ideally I'd like to reduce this just to a collection of plugins, but
> there are some important bugs in the current code, so I needed to branch
> the whole source tree. I think most of these fixes could go directly to
> TagLib 1.5. Probably also some of the new file formats (except WMA and
> MP4, because they are GPL).
Sorry to have to ask that but who wrote this WMA plugin implementation?