m4a tagging support?

Michael princip2000 at mail.ru
Fri Sep 29 14:06:04 CEST 2006

Jochen,

If I understand the issue correctly, the problem with writing MOOV only
arises when a user edits the metadata and it ends up bigger in size than
it was before so you run out space in between FTYP and MDAT.

Now, wouldn't it be convenient to write a temp file where you can nicely
store the atoms in the right order (and maybe add some padding after the
metadata for future editing)? Some developers have chosen this route
anyway because you don't risk wrecking a file when the app or computer
crashes while writing.

About checking or reviewing, I'd be happy to help as much as I can. I
must say I'm a bit handicapped right now because I'm separated from all
my own computers by a sea for the next few months. :) I'm using the
Powerbook of a friend to browse and e-mail and miss some of my own
stuff. Still worth a try though. Good luck and keep me posted!

Regards,
Michael