m4a tagging support?

Jochen Issing jochen at mcf-music.de
Fri Sep 15 14:26:25 CEST 2006

Hi All,

sorry for latency, I just came out of vacations - 9 hours ago and needed some
sleep ;-) Comments inline:

On Wednesday 06 September 2006 22:31, Michael wrote:
> Brian Nickel wrote:
> > Michael,
> >
> > There is a read-only patch at
> > http://www.isign-softart.de/download/taglib-1.4_with_itunes.tar.bz2
> >
> > I've made a readable/writable Mpeg4.File class based on it in my C#
> > library TagLib#, which shouldn't be too hard to backport to TagLib
> > (except for the fact there are 25 classes). You can get it here:
> > http://svn.myrealbox.com/viewcvs/trunk/taglib-sharp/src/TagLib/Mpeg4/
Wow, I haven't heard of it before. Can you tell something about how you did
the write support? Do you use the skip/free boxes as buffers and reallocate
the boxes in case of new data exceeding the free-boxes?

Well for my part, I did read support and still need to do some restructuring
for a full write support. Because writing a tag into an mp4file can require
to rebuild the whole offset table - something that has actually nothing to do
with metadata, but who cares...

I hope to get to taking hands on the code again, although the last weeks have
been quite busy - need to work for my job ;-)

Regards,

jochen