tagpy problems

Veit Hailperin freakyveit at web.de
Sun Mar 19 19:49:50 CET 2006

Scott Wheeler wrote:
> On Tuesday 28 February 2006 11:48, Veit Hailperin wrote:
>> ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/_tagpy.so: undefined
>> symbol: _ZTIN6TagLib3APE4ItemE
>>
>> that's what happens when i try to import the tagpy module in my script.
>> Any ideas?
>> ~Veit
>
> tagpy and taglib were probably built with different (and incompatible)
> versions of GCC.
>
> -Scott

since it was the same compiler used to compile both, couldn't that be
just a problem of the version of gcc? Might there be a way to figure out
on what changed and check the source code? (of tagpy) - Andreas - did
you use any thing of which you know was specifically new in gcc 4.0 ?
or was there a huge change from boost.python 1.31 to 1.33?
~Veit