Announcing taglib-sharp-0.0.1 w/ m4a read/write support

Brian Kerrick Nickel brian.nickel at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 13:36:35 CEST 2006

After a few days of hard work, and many bug fixes, TagLib# is released
with read/write support for MPEG4 (iTunes) files. The outputted files
can be read by standard readers (including iTunes) and it makes use of
the "free" box to make saving as fast as with MP3's.

While the TagLib# library differs from the TagLib in both language and a
few conventions, the code may be helpful in adding m4a write support to
TagLib.

As with before, the source is at:
http://www.public.asu.edu/~bnickel/TagLibSharp/taglib-sharp-0.0.1.tar.gz

This does not install, after untarring enter the taglib-sharp-0.0.1
directory and:

./compile
cd tests
./tag-editor /path/to/my/file.m4a (REQUIRES GTK-SHARP 2.0+)

If you can test this, please do. I'm sorry the code is so badly
formatted but it was quite a mess getting it all working.

- Brian