TagPy 0.91

Andreas Klöckner lists at informa.tiker.net
Tue Jun 27 06:34:23 CEST 2006

Hi all,

I've just released version 0.91 of TagPy. Besides some minor fixes, the
biggest change is that you don't say any more

    tag.setArtist("Fat Boy Slim")

Instead, the (IMO) much more pythonic

    tag.artist = "Fat Boy Slim"

is now where it's at. Reading these attributes (and just these) is also
changed from `tag.artist()` to `tag.artist`. I repeat, this only affects

* Tag.title
* Tag.artist
* Tag.album
* Tag.genre
* Tag.year
* Tag.track
* AudioProperties.length
* AudioProperties.bitrate
* AudioProperties.sampleRate
* AudioProperties.channels

Since these are so frequent, I saw a compelling reason to change them.
Everything else in the API will remain as close as possible to TagLib's C++
conventions.

Sorry for the source-incompatible change, it will not happen again.

Enjoy.

Andreas