Odd APIC frame

Brian Kerrick Nickel brian.nickel at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 03:55:55 CEST 2006

I ran into this problem recently with some podcasts. The problem is that
APIC (2.3+) and PIC (2.2) handle file type differently. APIC uses a Latin-1
string followed by a nul byte to represent file types. Say, "image/png\0".
PIC, on the other hand, uses just three bytes, so "PNG" (no termination). As
the parser currently searches for the next nul byte, and 2.2 doesn't have
one in the traditional place, the parsing goes haywire and the frame
corrupts.

The TagLib# AttachedPictureFrame
(https://forgesvn1.novell.com/viewsvn/taglib-sharp/trunk/taglib-sharp/src/TagLib/Id3v2/Frames/AttachedPictureFrame.cs?view=markup)
does the following:

         int pos = 0;

         text_encoding = (StringType) data [pos];

         pos += 1;

         int offset;

         if (Header.Version > 2)
         {
            offset = data.Find (TextDelimiter (StringType.Latin1), pos);

            if(offset < pos)
               return;

            mime_type = data.Mid (pos, offset - pos).ToString
(StringType.Latin1);
            pos = offset + 1;
         }
         else