Writing id3v2.3 tags

Lukas Lalinsky lalinsky at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 13:16:15 CEST 2005

Hi,

Scott Wheeler wrote:
> I'm not sure if this was actually true in the past, but I got an iBook last
> week and the very recently released version (5) works just fine with ID3v2.4
> tags created by TagLib.

iTunes can read ID3v2.3/ID3v2.4 only in Latin-1 or UTF-16. It can't read ID3v2.4
tags with text values encoded using UTF-8.

Btw, I'm using (for my tiny tagger) modified version of TagLib that can write
also ID3v2.3 tags. I coded it mainly for compatibility with Windows Media Player
as it can't read 2.4 tags at all. But, I know, you're probably not interested in
including something like that in TagLib :)