taglib for windows Visual C++ 6

Scott Wheeler wheeler at kde.org
Wed May 18 00:04:25 CEST 2005

On Monday 09 May 2005 12:24, Sampath Tilakumara wrote:
> I ported taglib 1.3.1 to windows, for VC++ 6 (which is not ANSI
> complient), with the help of Casey's windows port to VC7.. even though
> MP3  tags work perfectly,  i'm having plenty of problems with OGG (only
> the length property is read properly) & WMA (which doesn't work at
> all).. (i simply added a wma patch someone  had posted on the net)
> any help to host the code and fix the bugs is most welcome.. is it
> possible to add a link in the taglib site & create a mail group for
> windows taglib ?
>
> I know the taglib developers don't give a damn about windows users, but
> I don't think it's fair to ditch all of them simply coz they are stuck
> with a shitty OS.. ;)

Well, it's not a matter of fairness, I just don't have any interest in
spending any of my time dealing with the Windows stuff.

If someone wants to set up a website and list for a Windows port that's fine,
I'll post a link to them.

For there to be anything that I'd call an "official" port someone that I trust
and is doing some work on TagLib would have to take responsibility for it.  I
can't build packages, I can't review patches, etc.  I don't have any machines
with Windows on them and know basically nothing about Windows development.

If you want to get laid, go to college, but if you want an education, go to
the library.
--Frank Zappa