taglib 1.3.1 binaries missing after compiling it

Scott Wheeler wheeler at kde.org
Wed Jun 22 01:54:10 CEST 2005

On Monday 20 June 2005 17:29, Francis Banyikwa wrote:
> i have been trying to compile amarok 1.2.4 but it says
> it needs taglib 1.3.1 ..i have tried more than ten
> times now for couple of months now to install taglib
> but i cant seem to be able to do that. My system keep
> showing version 1.3.0 ..looking at all the files in a
> directory, no binaries seems to be present after i
> compile it.
>
> Is it supposed to be this way? can i change anything
> somewhere in my 1.3.0 so that amarok can see it as
> 1.3.1?

TagLib uses the same installation mechanisms that 90% of Open Source projects
do.  After building there should be files in taglib-1.3.1/taglib/.lib/...

- You probably still have the old version of TagLib installed
- You're probably installing the new one to a different path than the old one
- amaroK is probably finding the taglib-config script from the old one because
it's earlier in your path

New Orleans food is as delicious as the less criminal forms of sin.
 --Mark Twain