taglib 1.3.1 binaries missing after compiling it

Francis Banyikwa mtzmtulivu at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 20 17:29:25 CEST 2005

Hallo everyone ..
i have been trying to compile amarok 1.2.4 but it says
it needs taglib 1.3.1 ..i have tried more than ten
times now for couple of months now to install taglib
but i cant seem to be able to do that. My system keep
showing version 1.3.0 ..looking at all the files in a
directory, no binaries seems to be present after i
compile it.

Is it supposed to be this way? can i change anything
somewhere in my 1.3.0 so that amarok can see it as
1.3.1?

thanks