taglib on windows with visual studio

Scott Wheeler wheeler at kde.org
Thu Jul 21 04:43:08 CEST 2005

On Sunday 17 July 2005 19:16, Roel wrote:
> Ok well here is a small patch that adds a TAGLIB_EXPORT macro to every
> class that needs it for the samples to compile ok. (That means that
> there may be more classes that will need it, like those not covered in
> the examples). In this patch, TAGLIB_EXPORT is defined like this:
> +#undef TAGLIB_EXPORT
> +#ifdef GCC_HASCLASSVISIBILITY
> +  #define TAGLIB_EXPORT __attribute__ ((visibility("default")))
> +#else
> +  #define TAGLIB_EXPORT
> +#endif
>
> So with no msvc'isms at all.

Yeah, that's certainly the way to do the macro, but it's only covering a very
small percentage of the things that'll need to be exported so I'll leave this
one for now.

I'm going to try to get 1.4 tagged in the next 2-3 days, but I'll plan on
doing a 1.4.1 a month or so after that which is probably a reasonable target
for getting a working Windows build out of the box.

But of course, again, that's something that I won't officially advertise
unless someone's willing to claim maintainership.  (i.e. I don't want to deal
with "Why did you release 1.4.1 for Windows, but not 1.5?")  Otherwise we can
stick to the "here's a link to someone that did a port of 1.4.1".

We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time:
premature optimization is the root of all evil.
-Donald Knuth