Creating a win32 release

Stefan Gehn mETz81 at web.de
Sun Jul 3 17:59:28 CEST 2005

Moin,

as the topic says, I'm trying to create a win32 release of taglib. Right
now I got the 1.3.1 tarball compiling on my MinGW + MSys install and
linked my application against it.

What is missing/not working so far:
- libtool manually linked against dllcrt2.o although gcc does that
automatically, I guess it's a libtool bug, not sure about the right fix
for this
- bitrate and samplerate are either non-existant or both 0, i.e. reading
properties fails (reading the tags works though)
- taglib-config shellscript of course not working, no way to "find" the
lib using qmake

Solutions I did to get stuff working:
- hacked libtool manually after configure, evil but gave me a working
taglib.a (no idea about the .dll)
- just rewrote taglib-config into a taglib-config.bat, works fine with
my qmake-based project, unfortunately paths for pure MinGW and
MinGW+MSys are different (the latter emulates a unix fs already)

Overall it was pretty easy to get things working, now only
property-reading has to get fixed somehow and taglib-config.bat should
be put into repository. I'm also thinking about creating a Dev-C++
project file so MinGW users can compile taglib without MSys (I don't
like to emulate unix on windows).

Bye, Stefan aka mETz