[Social-Desktop] Extending OCS API - Content service

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Mon Apr 26 08:05:11 CEST 2010

On Friday 23 April 2010 Frank Karlitschek wrote:

> The API can be improved of course as long as it stays compatible with
>  existing clients and servers.

Wouldn't it be good to plan for a version 2 of the API, which is not
completely backwards compatible? I have a list of things, which I would like
to see changed, and I know others have as well. Of course I see the effort of
maintaining two version for a some time, but I guess it would be better to
make a revised version at an early before even more applications are using it.