[Social-Desktop] Community Integration Of Kstars

Jain Basil Aliyas jainbasil at fedoraproject.org
Tue Mar 24 15:08:29 CET 2009

Hello,

Kstars is a desktop planetarium which is mainly used for amateur
astronomy.As you know, Amateur Astronomy is done mainly in groups. KStars
allows its users to save their observing logs in a file called userlog.dat I
am trying to implement an XML Schema for this userlog file so that it
becomes more structured and can accomodate more data ( i.e. Telescope type,
angle etc... ).

Community Integration of Kstars mainly intends to share the userlog file.
i.e Synchronisation of Userlog file of a user with that of other users from
the community.This enable each user to view objects logged by other users in
the community.This idea is an proposed for GSoC 2009. I am in search of an
efficient mechanism that to be used in the synchronisation process. I will
implement a UI that will be accessible from the menu of Kstars.

Can you please help me?

Regards
Jain Basil Aliyas

--