RKWard 0.7.1 is released!

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Fri Jan 31 18:10:32 GMT 2020

Hi,

On Fri, 31 Jan 2020 10:46:37 +0100
Martin Papenberg <martin.papenberg at uni-duesseldorf.de> wrote:
> - I added the "Inofficial Ubuntu Repository" via launch pad for "R
> shipped with Ubuntu by
> default" (https://launchpad.net/~rkward-devel/+archive/ubuntu/rkward-stable).
>
> - I used `sudo apt update` and `sudo apt install rkward` and get the
> following error:

> rkward : Depends: r-base-core (>= 3.6.2-1eoan) but 3.6.1-4 is to be
> installed

please second-check your /etc/apt/sources.list. My guess is that you
have one of our PPAs marked "CRAN version of R" in your sources.list
(possibly in addition to the "plain" version; grep for "cran".

The dependency information is not hard-coded, anywhere, but generated,
automatically, at build-time, depending on the version of R on the
build-system. So, in this case, rkward has been built in a PPA that has
r-base-core 3.6.2-1eoan installed.

(RKWard itself is very modest in its requirements. When compiling from
source, you can go back all the way to R 3.0.0.)