RKWard 0.7.1 is released!

Martin Papenberg martin.papenberg at uni-duesseldorf.de
Fri Jan 31 09:46:37 GMT 2020

Hello all,

Thanks for the work! I really like the new R Markdown preview that I already tested via the
daily snapshots recently. However, I am currently running into trouble installing the latest
stable version for rkward (stable / devel / daily, does not matter). I am using Ubuntu 19.10,
but the problem should also occur on the LTS version of Ubuntu. Here is what I tried:

- I added the "Inofficial Ubuntu Repository" via launch pad for "R shipped with Ubuntu by
default" (https://launchpad.net/~rkward-devel/+archive/ubuntu/rkward-stable).

- I used `sudo apt update` and `sudo apt install rkward` and get the following error:

rkward : Depends: r-base-core (>= 3.6.2-1eoan) but 3.6.1-4 is to be installed

Apparently, rkward 0.7.1 requires R >= 3.6.2. Unfortunately, this is not shipped with the
Ubuntu repository for Ubuntu 19.10 (see here https://packages.ubuntu.com/search?
keywords=r-base&searchon=names&suite=eoan&section=all), also not for the LTS (see
here https://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=r-base&searchon=names&suite=bionic&section=all)

It is also not (easily) possible for me to update to R 3.6.2 because there is no CRAN-R
release file for Ubuntu 19.10 (https://cran.r-project.org/bin/linux/ubuntu/).

If it is possible not to require R 3.6.2 for the newer rkward versions, that would be great.
Any advice on how to solve the problem otherwise is also appreciated.

Best,

Martin

--
Dr. Martin Papenberg