Output in console is a mess

meik michalke meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de
Tue Nov 8 19:20:59 UTC 2016

hi daniel,

thanks for your interest in using RKWard! first things first: it appears you
are not subscribed to this list -- you might lose replies because they usually
only go to the list. you might like to subscribe for the time being.

Am Dienstag, 8. November 2016, 20:02:04 CET schrieb Daniel P.:
> I have been working with R for a while, and recently I moved to
> Ubuntu10.10 and installed Rkward.

is that a typo? do you mean ubuntu 16.10? there is no more support for 10.10
for many years now.

could you please give us some more info on your system (ideally the output of
rk.sessionInfo(), at least version numbers of KDE, R and RKWard)?

> - The output is a mess.

can you give a specific example (R code)? i've never had any issues with the
consle output, it looks just like any other R console, except for extra syntax
highlighting etc.

> - Output tables only occupy half of the console space, and making the
> output unnecessarily long and impossible to work out for dataframes
> with more than 5 - 6 columns.

you can customize the width of the output in settings -> configure RKWard -> R
backend.

> - Tweaking the color scheme of the editor, I made the huge mistake of
> inadvertedly pressing the " use KDE colors", and now all color schemas
> are exactly the same.

if that is the case, this is more likely a bug in kate (katepart), the editor
we're using in RKWard.

> There was no way to re-set the color schemas.
> Removing and re-installing rkward didn't do anything, nor removing
> configuration files or editing them to re=set the colors. The only
> alternative was to completely reinstall KDE.

are you suggesting that a user specific configuration changed settings system
wide for all users? that would be a major flaw. but like i said, we didn't
invent an editor ourselves but are embedding katepart, so there's not too much
we can tell you about this.

viele grüße :: m.eik

--
  dipl. psych. meik michalke