Installing rkward 0.6.5

meik michalke meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de
Tue Apr 19 08:51:44 UTC 2016

hi martin ;-)

Am Dienstag, 19. April 2016, 09:41:14 schrieb Martin Papenberg:
> CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindKDE4.cmake:98 (message):
>    ERROR: cmake/modules/FindKDE4Internal.cmake not found in
>    /home/martin/.kde/share/apps;/usr/share/kde4/apps
> Call Stack (most recent call first):
>    CMakeLists.txt:10 (FIND_PACKAGE)

> See also
> "/home/martin/Downloads/rkward-0.6.5/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".

i called "dpkg -S cmake/modules/FindKDE4Internal.cmake" on my kubuntu 14.04
machine to search for packages including this file. it returns:

 kdelibs5-dev: /usr/share/kde4/apps/cmake/modules/FindKDE4Internal.cmake

in general, calling

 apt-get build-dep rkward

should install everything that's needed.

> However, this does not work. I get this error: "Paket kdelibs5 kann
> nicht gefunden werden." (Package kdelibs5 cannot be found.). Apparently
> this package does not exist?

it seems the package is called "kdelibs-bin" in *buntu systems.

> So instead of trying to build rkward from source, I wanted to include
> the repository that you name on the homepage in my sources.list to get
> the latest version:
> deb-src https://files.kde.org/rkward/debian
> However, if when I did "sudo apt-get update", my system tells me that
> this is a broken line:
>
> E: Missgestaltete Zeile 62 in Quellliste /etc/apt/sources.list (»dist«)
> E: Die Liste der Quellen konnte nicht gelesen werden.

this means that the entry in line 62 /etc/apt/sources.list is buggy because
you seem to have omitted the "./" at the end.

however, "deb-src" will not give you precompiled binaries, but source
packages. for *buntu systems, it is highly recommended to pick one of PPA
repositories that fits your needs:
 https://rkward.kde.org/Binaries_and_Build_Scripts#Inofficial_Ubuntu_repositories

> It seems to be rather difficult to install the latest version of rkward.

well, it's a bit difficult to configure apt ;-)

> And another point: I often tried to get the sources from your git
> repository, but this never works: "git clone
> git://anongit.kde.org/rkward.git"; I always get a timeout on my request.
> Are you sure that you are listing the correct git repository on your
> homepage?

that is only because the git:// protocol uses a port that is blocked by the
HHU by default (9418).

viele grüße :: m.eik

--
  dipl. psych. meik michalke