Small changes to mailing lists

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue Dec 8 09:18:17 UTC 2015

Hi!

We recently started being affected by the problem that the "DMARC"
policy of Yahoo (and some other providers) breaks traditional mailing
list setups. Most subscribers on rkward-devel and rkward-users will not
have noticed anything, some will have been missing out on certain
mails, and - worse - have had their subscription suspended,
automatically, due to their mail providers rejecting too many mails from
the list.

Apologies for that. I have re-enabled your subscriptions, and I have
made the following changes to the mailing lists, hoping these will be
enough to keep the problem from happening in the future:

- Mailing list mails are no longer prefixed with [rkward-devel] or
  [rkward-users]. If you were basing filtering rules on this, please
  switch to using the "List-ID" header field, instead.
- The Reply-To:-address is no longer explicitly pointed to the mailing
  list. Whether or not this changes anything for you, depends on your
  email / webmail software. When replying to mailing list posts, please
  do give the "To:"-field a quick glance. In most cases it is
  appropriate to direct your replies to the mailing list (other people
  will be interested in seeing your answers / follow-ups, too). If in
  doubt, use the "Reply to all" function of your email software.
- Mailing list mails no longer contain a footer message with links to
  the list info pages. For reference, these are
  https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/rkward-devel and