[rkward-users] rkward console encoding problem on Widows

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Mon Nov 10 18:08:11 UTC 2014

Hi once more,

On Monday 10 November 2014 17:39:49 Thomas Friedrichsmeier wrote:
> So follow-up question: How did you get those data into R in the first place?
> What does
>   Encoding (DATA14$R02)
> (or)
>   Encoding (levels (DATA$R02))
> print?

one more follow-up question:

What does
  options("encoding")
print?

Probably the key ingredients of this problem are
- a charset that is neither latin1, nor a multibyte charset
- some lack of explicit encoding specification in RKWard's R backend.

Probably quite fixable, but will take some digging, and good testing. I hope I
can fix this for 0.6.3, but right now, I'll look into finishing some other
things, first.

So once I have your answers to the questions, above, I'll gather all info in a
new bug ticket for this in our tracker, in order to remind me again, shortly,
and hopefully, I can fix this for 0.6.3.