[rkward-users] rkward console encoding problem on Widows

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Mon Nov 10 14:47:02 UTC 2014

Hi,

no, I did not change anything with respect to encoding in RKWard. However, if
this used to work, before, conceivably the regression is related to the new
startup procedure, somehow.

On Monday 10 November 2014 15:31:37 Donatas Glodenis wrote:
> By the way, I opened R (without RKward) and ran the same command.
>
> The encoding got displayed correctly:

Please run

  Sys.getlocale()

in both plain R, and in RKWard, and compare the two. In particular, look out
for the value of LC_CTYPE. It should probably be something like "lt_LT.UTF-8".
I.e. you could try

  Sys.setlocale (LC_CTYPE="lt_LT.UTF-8")

Could you also try what happens, when you do a simple "roundtrip", i.e. enter

  c ("Katalikų", "Stačiatikių")

in RKWard's R console, and see what gets printed?