[rkward-users] Problems installing the latest version of RKWARD

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Fri Feb 14 11:17:05 UTC 2014

Hi!

On Wednesday 12 February 2014 21:00:33 you wrote:
> I've done everything up to this point. However when I went on to
>
> # finally, install the resulting package
> # its name should look something like "rkward_[VERSION]_[ARCH].deb",
> e.g.:
> sudo dpkg -i rkward_0.6.1-1_amd64.deb

Try locating that file in your file browser. If your architecture is not
amd64, you will have to substitute that.

> Then I tried to install the programme via PPA. As I had already
> installed R from the CRAN website, I've added
> ppa:rkward-devel/rkward-stable-cran  to my sources.list went to
>
> sudo apt-get update
>
> and finally
>
> sudo apt-get install software rkward.
>
> The feedback from the Terminal was "Unable to locate package software".

It's
  sudo apt-get install rkward
not
  sudo apt-get install software rkward
.

> Finally, I installed the version of RKWARD that Ubuntu offers in its
> Software Centre and tried to upgrade it. I've added
> ppa:rkward-devel/rkward-stable to my PPA's, updated and typed

Please check your list of PPAs. You should have exactly _one_ rkward PPA.
Typically rkward-stable (if you are using the version of R that came with
Ubuntu 12.04) or rkward-stable-cran (if you are using R 3.0.0 or later).

Then repeat
  sudo apt-get update
clean up using
  sudo apt-get remove rkward
then finally
  sudo apt-get install rkward

If that does not work for some reason, just ask again, including
the output of
  aptitude show rkward