[rkward-users] [rkward-announce] Upcoming release, call for testing RKWard 0.6.1

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sun Mar 17 15:21:19 UTC 2013

Hi!

R 3.0.0 is scheduled for release on April 3, and it will bring some changes
that will break RKWard 0.6.0. So it's time to get a new release of RKWard out
of the door, and I would like to ask you for help in testing, packaging and
translating. Details on available downloads, and a tentative release schedule
can be found at
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/rkward/index.php?title=Release_Schedule
as usual. The targetted release date is April 2. and I would like to ask
you to provide feedback by March 24.

RKWard 0.6.1 will also include a nice number of new features, but most of
these concern additions to the plugin infrastructure, that are not yet
utilized by too many plugins. Visible changes include an improvde Data->Sort
plugin, a new Data->Subset plugin (not entirely finished, yet, please take a
look!), and better handling of pluginmaps (Settings->Configure RKWard-
>Plugins).

Well, please test as much as possible, and report any issues that you find.

See the release schedule, above, for all relevant instructions and
downloads. So far there is only a source package, and binary installers for
Windows (one for use with R 2.15.x, one for use with R 3.0.0alpha). Some more
binaries will hopefully trickle in during the next few days.

--- Translators ---

Now is a good time to start updating your translations. As usual, the deadline
to send your updates ends with the testing phase on March 24, as we will be
finalizing the soruces, shortly after. As a reminder, RKWard is now registered
for translations on launchpad: https://translations.launchpad.net/rkward , and
it is recommended to upload your translations, there. Sending translations by
mail is also ok, of course.

Thanks!