[rkward-users] Donate to Rkward

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Fri Jan 11 09:17:29 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Friday 11 January 2013, Alex Ruiz E. wrote:
> Hi, sorry for bringing up an old thread, but I see that PayPal is still
> the only way to donate. Have developers considered using Software in the
> Public Interest, Inc. (www.spi-inc.org) as a donation portal? It also
> acts as fiscal sponsor. I'm unsure whether this is right for a project
> like Rkward, but I see some individual applications being listed as
> beneficiaries. I just found out about this project and thought it could
> be useful.

actually, since a few days, flattr (www.flattr.com) is a second option for
donating to RKWard. Admittedly, you'd need true eagle eyes to see this: So
far, there's just a tiny button below the left-hand navigation menu on our
wiki pages.

SPI looks like it requires substantial bureaucratic effort. More than I'd be
willing to put in, ATM, consider the level of donations that seems realistic
to expect. I have it on my list to read up on pledgie (pledgie.com). (Their
FAQ seems to say, only the receiving side needs a paypal account, but I did
not find any real info on their payment options, yet).