[rkward-users] Connection closed unexpectedly. Last error was: QLocalSocket: Remote closed

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Mon Apr 8 08:30:03 UTC 2013

Hi!

On Monday 08 April 2013, Rashedun Naby wrote:
> When I first opened RKWard, it shows me this-
>

> "*Connection closed unexpectedly. Last error was: QLocalSocket: Remote
> closed*

[...]

> *And RKWard showing me this every time I open RKWad*. Now what should I do?

Is this on MacOS by any chance? We seem to be having some problems with the
RKWard 0.6.1 installation bundle on *some* Mac installations.

If the answer is yes, please:

1. Try the new bundle at
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/rkwardextras/files/MacOSX/needs_CRAN_R/
Instructions are available, there. Note that in this bundle, R is *not*
included, but rather you will install R from CRAN. Also, you will have to make
sure to pick the right one of the two files, depending on whether you
installed R 3.0.0 or R 2.15.x.

2. If this does *not* work, please install the debug bundle at:
  https://sourceforge.net/projects/rkwardextras/files/MacOSX/development
(This one includes R.) After installation, open a terminal, and run RKWard
with
  /Applications/RKWard/RKWard.app/Contents/MacOS/rkward --backend-debugger
  '(opt/rkward/bin/valgrind --log-file=somefile.log'
(all on one line). Send us "somefile.log", afterwards.

Finally, if I guessed wrong, and this is not about RKWard 0.6.1 on Mac OS,
then please give us some details of your setup: OS, version of R, version of
RKWard, method of installation.