[rkward-users] Need help on install rkward on Mac

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue Oct 11 15:47:35 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Monday 10 October 2011, Mingtian Ni wrote:
> Some other thread mentioned that pre-existing old version MacPython
> (V2.4 in my case) could be the problem. So, I removed MacPytho
> (instruction here:
> http://mac.downloadatoz.com/tutorial/3498,macpython.html). The install
> managed to go a little bit further. Now the error messages are:
>
> [ 58%] Built target knewstuff2
> make: *** [all] Error 2
> ### execution of /var/tmp/tmp.1.ftF0fY failed, exit code 2

could you post a couple of lines above that? There should be another error
message before this one.

Anyway, however, posting to kde-mac at kde.org may give you better help on this
particular problem. Until the build process reaches rkward itself (should not
be too much longer from this point), we probably won't have too much insight.

(Again, I'm sorry that we can't provide better support for Mac at the moment,
but again, we hope that this will improve considerably in a few weeks.)