[rkward-users] colors of suggested function arguments

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Mon Oct 10 15:38:12 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Monday 10 October 2011, dirk wrote:
> I have no clue of C++, but when reading it and looking at
> -----------
> void QPalette::setColor ( ColorGroup group, ColorRole role, const QColor &
> color )
>
> Sets the color in the specified color group, used for the given color role,
> to the specified solid color.
> -----------
> I had the impression it tries to assign the colors ToolTipBase and
> ToolTipText to Window and Text, but is it not already a tooltip, which
> should have ToolTipBase and ToolTipText set?

well, it's designed to look like a tooltip, but unfortunately, it isn't one,
technically.

> Well whatever,  I commented the hack out (ll 810-813) and while the colors
> do not respond to color changes in tooltip they respond to changes in
> window. I have no clue why the tooltip colors are not used (this is
> probably the reason for the hack?), but black on light gray is at least
> well readable.

Could you try what happens, if you *add* two lines, instead:

	p.setColor (QPalette::Active, QPalette::Window, p.color
(QPalette::Active, QPalette::ToolTipBase));
	p.setColor (QPalette::Active, QPalette::Text, p.color (QPalette::Active,
QPalette::ToolTipText));