[rkward-users] RKWard-users Digest, Vol 42, Issue 4

Vikas Garud information4vikas at gmail.com
Tue May 17 16:08:26 UTC 2011

> From: "Thomas Friedrichsmeier" <thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de>
> To: rkward-users at lists.sourceforge.net
> Date: 17 May 2011 17:46:03 +0200
> Subject: Re: [rkward-users] Box plots by groups
> Hi,
>
> On Tuesday 17 May 2011, Vikas Garud wrote:
>>  The box plot command in R Commander
>> (Grpahs->Boxplot...) has a button called "plot by groups" presumably
>> to achieve what I am trying to do.  However, on clicking I don't get
>> any further output.  What am I missing?
>
> apparently, there is a bug when trying to plot using R Commander inside
> RKWard. I'm looking for a fix to that. Thanks for reporting.
>
> Interim solution is to start R Commander in a plain R session, outside of
> RKWard.
>
>> (There is nothing equivalent
>> to this button under Rkward)
>
> This has been added to the development version of RKWard a week or two ago. It
> will be part of the next release, which will enter the testing phase real
> soon, now. So hang on for a few more weeks (or try our development snapshots).
>
> Regards
> Thomas

Thanks Thomas for the quick response.  I have tried both R Commander
and Rkward independent of each other.  Have not tried R Commander from
within Rkward.  Sorry if I have miscommunicated.  I'll try it though.
I'll fiddle around for some time.  I'll try the new release, or the
developmental release then.
Thanks
Vikas Garud