[rkward-users] [Help] Symatec Endpoint Protection false postive

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue May 10 13:40:45 UTC 2011

The following forum message was posted by rse0 at http://sourceforge.net/projects/rkward/forums/forum/165574/topic/4524490:

Dear RKWard developers,

I tried to use RKWard on Windows 7 with Symatec Endpoint Protection. I get a
false positive warning (Suspicous.AD) on starting RKWard. Somehow this seems
to be a problem with the Virsu Scanner thinking there might be a strange pattern
in an executable.

Anyway - there is another much more important question:
Shortly after having "installed" RKward via the Windows Distribution (and getting
this Error on the RKward Files) I started tpo keep getting repeated false postives
on some tmp files.

Is there something really installed when using the RKWard installer? Or it just
a directrory and only when starting RKWard there some services are started?

thx
roman