[rkward-users] [Help] RE: Error Starting R- RKward

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Sun Apr 24 02:35:33 UTC 2011

The following forum message was posted by chak8870 at http://sourceforge.net/projects/rkward/forums/forum/165574/topic/4497074:

Hi Thomas,
Thanks again for prompt reply.
[quote]Somehow it looks like the directory where rkward can store files is configured
as "/". Go to Settings->Configure RKWard->General, and change the top-most setting
to something valid (default is /home/USERNAME/.rkward/). Then restart RKWard.
I think that should solve most (if not all) issues you are seeing. [/quote]
This indeed solve most of the problem. The initial error is gone.
[quote]Do you think it's possible that you changed this setting, yourself,
accidentally?[/quote]
Honestly, I don't know. However, the fix that you gave me, I have never changed
anything on that page.
[b]Will it be an issue if I run rkward and rcommander in the same
ubuntubox?[/b]
I am not sure whether this is the right place to ask the next question. I am
asking anyway though. I posted my table and my graph in the previous post. I
could not be able to generate the boxplot graph from the rkward-plot-boxplot
(instead I had to use the Rconsole in the rkward). There is no options to plot
by a group variable (which in my case is Treatment in M). Should I do boxplot
from a different package?
http://img222.imageshack.us/i/boxplotnocategory.png/
This option is available in the rcommander interface. Also is there a way to
save the graphs as eps image from the output (rkout.html does generate a very
nice report, however the default graphics quality is low)?
Also, I was working on the scatter plot the other day and I could not be able
to put a regression line through the points. Do I have to use any specific package
to draw a regression line? What am I missing?
http://img845.imageshack.us/i/scatterplotnoregression.png/

Thanks for sticking around and helping me out with this.
Best,
Sourav